Sign in to follow this  
Ste

Artica: postfix manager completo per creare un mail server

Negli scorsi giorni abbiamo ricevuto la segnalazione di David Touzeau, sviluppatore dietro il progetto Artica Postfix, un bel progetto opensource che integra Postfix, fetchmail, dnsmasq, LDAP, squid,samba, dansguardian e permette di gestire il tutto tramite un comodo pannello online.

Il progetto sembra molto interessante e merita sicuramente un approfondimento, attualmente sono disponibili i pacchetti deb e rpm per l'installazione (su sourceforge) oltra ad una immagine ISO di una Debian già customizzata con Artica.

Di seguito pubblico la email ricevuta da David contiene qualche dettaglio sul progetto:

Dear

I would like to share with you and your members a new Open Source project that i have developped on Linux i386.

i'm writting to you in order to know if it was possible to add an article about my project in your website.

This project is called "Artica Postfix".

It designed to offers Postfix, fetchmail, dnsmasq, LDAP, squid,samba, dansguardian features without technical skills through a web browser with a nice web interface.

The main goal of this project is to provide Linux capabilities to people who do not have the time or skills to integrate a full Mail systems or Files sharing systems or Proxy systems.

Indeed, Linux is now available to all users, at least with regard to its installation.

Regards to the administration and the integration of "professional" applications, that is another story .(...)

The addition of products such as Postfix, LDAP, Cyrus, fetchmail, procmail, amavis, clamav, spamassassin ... is still art.

Moreover, once this mission, it remains to configure and maintain all products listed above.

Artica For Postfix / SQUID is a project that answer to this request.

It offers the possibility to any novice installing all these components without technical knowledge.

After installing all components, Artica For Postfix provide a user-friendly web interface for managing mailboxes / user accounts and all rules and parameters that Postfix / SQUID /Samba provides.

The administration interface is developped in PHP and Ajax and available in Open Source.

Installation procedure is simple: Artica Core is the base and the hub.

you add "modules" to make an SMTP relay and / or a mailbox server and / or webmail and / or a web proxy and / or a secure web proxy.

Its goal is different from other consoles administrations already available.

Webmin, for example provides a comprehensive but does not help administrator's settings and it's approach does not provide a "common thread"

The project is on sourceforge.net. (Artica-postfix | Get Artica-postfix at SourceForge.net)

The rpm and deb files are available for download.

AN ISO file can be downloaded in order to install a debian distribution with all features.(Download Artica ISO | Artica Official web site)

Some screenshots are available on the website Artica (Messaging Screenshots | Artica Official web site)

Best regards..

David Touzeau